Yoast WooCommerce SEO Addon
This plugin is developed to improve the SEO capabilities of the WooCommerce and Yoast SEO Plugin combo, described in the WooCommerce SEO Audit we’ve done recently. Yoast WooCommerce SEO Addon ensures meeting all of the recommendations given in our audit; therefore it provides you with the best results and opportunities for further promotion.
This is the first version of the plugin, and we are going to continue developing new tools and features for even more effective SEO for your WooCommerce based store.
Major Yoast WooCommerce SEO Addon features:
- It displays basic online store information through the micro layout on the homepage.
- It displays price, stock availability and currency information in layout data on the product page.
- It displays price, stock availability and currency information in Open Graph data on the product page.
- It automatically generates alt text to all product images.
- It displays the brand information in the micro layout data on the product page.
This plugin extends the WooCommerce and Yoast SEO basic capabilities for search optimization, so these two plugins are the must-haves. Read more in our Complete WooCommerce SEO Guide and Tips and also in our Complete WooCommerce Tutorial.
You can install this plugin from the official WordPress plugin directory.
Before activation, make sure the following plugins are installed and activated:
This plugin interacts very well with the other Premmerce plugins, such as:
Yoast WooCommerce SEO Addon Demo
You can see how it works on the Storefront theme here: https://storefront.premmerce.com .
You can see how it works on the SalesZone theme here: https://saleszone.premmerce.com .
Plus, you can create your personal demo store and test this plugin together with Premmerce Premium and all other Premmerce plugins and themes developed by our team here: Premmerce WooCommerce Demo.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Upload the plugin folder into the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your WordPress site.
- Activate ‘WooCommerce URL manager’ from Plugins page
The data added by the plugin automatically
After activation, the plugin will automatically add the following data into the product page code:
- Open Graph data about price, stock availability and currency
- Schema.org data about price, stock availability, currency and product image
- alt text to all product images on the site (generated from the product names)
Adding information about the store into the WooCommerce Schema.org data
First, you need to do the following settings in the Yoast SEO plugin:
- Go to General – Yoast SEO page.
- Go to Company info tab
- In the Company or person field, choose Company from the drop-down menu.
Here is an example:
Next – put the necessary information into Yoast WooCommerce seo addon
To do this you need to:
- fill in the required fields on the WooCommerce seo addon page (Address, Email, Telephone, Opening hours, Payment accepted)
- click Save Changes button.
The result in the website main page code:
Adding the brand data to the schema.org on the WooCommerce product page
If you have the Premmerce WooCommerce Brands plugin installed, then the brand information will automatically appear in the microdata layout of the product.
If you do not have the Premmerce Brands plugin installed, then you can do the following:
- Create attribute with name Brand
- Fill this attribute terms – the names of brands you need
- Accept brands to your products
- Open Yoast WooCommerce Seo Addon page
- Select your Brand attribute from the list of available attributes
- Click Save Changes button.
Further work on Yoast WooCommerce SEO Addon plugin
We will be extremely grateful for your feedback and ideas on improving the plugin. We shall take into account all of your thoughts in further development of our plugin.
It is worth noting that the demands of search engines are constantly changing, and new opportunities and challenges for search optimization appear. We will regularly test and develop our plugin for you to get better SEO results.