Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter
Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter plugin is a convenient and flexible tool for managing filters for WooCommerce products. Among the main features of this plugin there is a single widget that manages the display of all available filters. Comparing to the standard WooCommerce filters, Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter has a well thought out caching system for the load speed improving.
This plugin interacts very well with the other Premmerce plugins, such as:
- Premmerce WooCommerce Brands;
- Premmerce Search.
The main features of the Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter:
- displaying all available filters using a single widget;
- integration with the Premmerce WooCommerce Brands plugin;
- improved caching system;
- displaying only available attributes depending on the category;
- an option to filter the search results.
Besides testing of how the plugin performs its main tasks, we tested how it works with the following:
- The basic WooCommerce functionality.
As we proceed in development and adaptation of the other features from our Roadmap, all of them will be tested for compatibility with the Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter plugin.
Before activation, make sure the following plugins are installed and activated:
Recently, we’ve conducted the WooCommerce load speed test and explored its improvement with Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter.
You can install this plugin from the official WordPress plugin directory:
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Upload the plugin folder into the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your WordPress site.
- Activate ‘WooCommerce Permalink Manager’ from the Plugins page.
Displaying Premmerce Filter using a widget
The filter for all product attributes, which can be selected in the settings, is added to the store page with the help of Premmerce Filter widget. It is displayed as a regular WordPress widget via the Widgets page in the admin menu:
or via Customizer:
All widget settings are on the Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter page.
An example of displaying a filter on the Shop page:
At this stage of the plugin development, we decided not to create an additional widget for deactivation of the active filters, however this is a part of our plan.
We recommend that you use the standard WooCommerce Active Product Filters widget temporarily for these purposes.
The managing filters page in the admin panel
The page contains two tabs:
1. Attributes – filter’s elements settings.
2. Settings – general filter settings.
In this tab, you can customize the content and display of the Premmerce filter widget.
The settings of the attributes display in the filter
To manage the display of the needed attributes in the filter, namely to choose whether or not to display attributes in the filter, do the following:
1. Activate the checkboxes of the attributes you need:
2. Select Display or Hide in the Bulk Action menu:
3. Click the Apply button:
4. In the Visability column you can see whether the attribute is displayed in the filter or not:
The filter automatically hides the individual attribute terms or the entire attribute if they are not used in any product.
Choosing the display type for the attributes in the filter
For each filter attribute, you can choose the display type – Select, Checkbox, or Radiobox. To do this, please follow the steps:
1. Click on the attribute you need in the Display type column of the select menu:
2. Choose the display type you need:
3. The display type is changed and saved automatically:
You can also make a multiple change of the display type by doing the following:
1. Mark the checkboxes of the attributes you want to change the display type for.
2. Select the display type you need from the Bulk Actions menu and click Apply.
Changing the order of the attributes displaying in the filter
Drag and drop the attribute to the position you need using the position change button highlighted in the screenshot. The position changes are automatically saved:
If you need to change the order of the attribute terms in the filter, change it in the Configure Terms of Attributes page.
In this tab, you can customize how the filter works.
Hide empty terms
Activate this checkbox if you want only the terms of product attributes to remain after filtering.
The filter before the activation of this option:
Show filter on pages
Activate the checkboxes of the pages you want to see the filter on.
Integration with Premmerce WooCommerce Brands
If you have the Premmerce WooCommerce Brands plugin installed, you will have an option of adding the brands to the filter.
You will see a new tab called Brands on the Premmerce WooCommerce Product Filter page.
In this tab, just like in the Attributes tab, you can choose which brands will be displayed in the filter and which will not, and also define the order of their display within the Brands filter.
At the end of the Attributes tab table the Brands element will appear. You can apply the same actions to it as to the attributes: change the visibility, position and type of display in the filter.
The Settings tab will have an option to display the filter on the brand pages: